So Labor Day is upon us and it’s been said “white is out!” after Labor Day. Well, I’ve decided to brainwash myself OUT of this outdated ‘fashion don’t.’ Of course, if you reside in a climate where rain, snow and slush are an integral part of your fall/winter, there is good reason to store the white until summer rolls around again.
However, if you are fortunate enough to live in sunny Los Angeles or a climate similar, let’s buck the system ladies! I still have a slew of white garments I haven’t had the opportunity to wear this summer. Why should I peruse through my closet with regret, as I peer at all the garments I could and should be wearing AFTER Labor Day, is there one good reason I should not don these lovelies? It’s usually 80 & sunny in this fine city of ours…I should say not.
As I embark upon a brand new season, this ensemble will be part of many to come. What are your thoughts on white after Labor Day in a warm climate?
- BLOUSE- MADISON MARCUS
- TROUSERS- RACHEL ZOE (ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE STYLISTS)
- SHOES- ASH PERFORATED WEDGE BOOTIE
- HANDBAG- VINTAGE
- ADD A DELICATE NECKLACE AND BANGLE IF YOU’D LIKE, FOR ME THE TOP IS BUSY ENOUGH WITHOUT ACCESSORIES
- ALSO, A GREAT BELL BOTTOM CUT PANT SHOULD DRAG THE GROUND, IT’S OKAY IF THEY PICK UP A BIT OF DEBRIS… THIS IS WHAT OUR FABULOUS LOCAL DRY CLEANER IS FOR;)
- DON’T BE SKEPTICAL ABOUT MIXING PRINTS…